dehorn(redirected from dehorned)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
tr.v. de·horned, de·horn·ing, de·horns
1. To remove the horns from.
2. To prevent growth of the horns of (cattle, for example), as by cauterization.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Veterinary Science) to remove or prevent the growth of the horns of (cattle, sheep, or goats)
2. (Forestry) to cut back (the larger limbs of a tree) drastically
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. to remove the horns of (cattle).
2. to prevent the growth of horns in (cattle).
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Past participle: dehorned
Collins English Verb Tables © HarperCollins Publishers 2011
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||dehorn - prevent the growth of horns of certain animals|
|2.||dehorn - take the horns off (an animal)|
take off - take away or remove; "Take that weight off me!"
disbud - destroy undeveloped horn buds (of cattle)
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.