Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
Related to deliberative: Deliberative body
1. Assembled or organized for deliberation or debate: a deliberative legislature.
2. Characterized by or for use in deliberation or debate.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) involved in, organized for, or having the function of deliberating: a deliberative assembly.
2. characterized by or resulting from deliberation: a deliberative conclusion.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
de•lib•er•a•tive(dɪˈlɪb ər ə tɪv, -əˌreɪ tɪv)
1. having the function of deliberating, as a legislative assembly.
2. dealing with the wisdom and expediency of a proposal: a deliberative speech.
[1545–55; < Latin]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||deliberative - involved in or characterized by deliberation and discussion and examination; "a deliberative body"|
thoughtful - exhibiting or characterized by careful thought; "a thoughtful paper"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
deliberative[dɪˈɪbərətɪv] ADJ → deliberativo
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
deliberative[dɪˈlɪbərətɪv] adj [institution, procedure] → délibérant(e)
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
deliberative[dɪˈlɪb/ərətɪv] adj (assembly) → con potere deliberante
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995