Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Wikipedia.
Related to deliberative: Deliberative body
1. Assembled or organized for deliberation or debate: a deliberative legislature.
2. Characterized by or for use in deliberation or debate.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) involved in, organized for, or having the function of deliberating: a deliberative assembly.
2. characterized by or resulting from deliberation: a deliberative conclusion.
de•lib•er•a•tive(dɪˈlɪb ər ə tɪv, -əˌreɪ tɪv)
1. having the function of deliberating, as a legislative assembly.
2. dealing with the wisdom and expediency of a proposal: a deliberative speech.
[1545–55; < Latin]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||deliberative - involved in or characterized by deliberation and discussion and examination; "a deliberative body"|
thoughtful - exhibiting or characterized by careful thought; "a thoughtful paper"