demonize(redirected from demonising)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to demonising: demonized
tr.v. de·mon·ized, de·mon·iz·ing, de·mon·iz·es
1. To turn into or as if into a demon.
2. To possess by or as if by a demon.
3. To represent as evil or diabolic: wartime propaganda that demonizes the enemy.
de′mon·i·za′tion (-mə-nĭ-zā′shən) n.
1. to make into or like a demon
2. to subject to demonic influence
3. to mark out or describe as evil or culpable: the technique of demonizing the enemy in the run-up to war.
Past participle: demonized
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||demonize - make into a demon; "Power had demonized him"|