dependency(redirected from dependancies)
de·pen·den·cyalso de·pen·dan·cy (dĭ-pĕn′dən-sē)
n. pl. de·pen·den·cies also de·pen·dan·cies
2. Something dependent or subordinate.
3. A minor territory under the jurisdiction of a government.
n, pl -cies
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a territory subject to a state on which it does not border
2. (Sociology) a dependent or subordinate person or thing
3. (Psychology) psychol overreliance by a person on another person or on a drug, etc
4. another word for dependence
de•pend•en•cy(dɪˈpɛn dən si)
n., pl. -cies.
1. the state of being dependent; dependence.
2. something dependent or subordinate; appurtenance.
3. a subject territory that is not an integral part of the ruling country.
4. outbuilding; annex.Sometimes, de•pend′an•cy.
|Noun||1.||dependency - the state of relying on or being controlled by someone or something else|
state - the way something is with respect to its main attributes; "the current state of knowledge"; "his state of health"; "in a weak financial state"
helplessness - the state of needing help from something
reliance - the state of relying on something
subordination - the state of being subordinate to something
contingency - the state of being contingent on something
|2.||dependency - being abnormally tolerant to and dependent on something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming (especially alcohol or narcotic drugs)|
narcotic - a drug that produces numbness or stupor; often taken for pleasure or to reduce pain; extensive use can lead to addiction
physical condition, physiological condition, physiological state - the condition or state of the body or bodily functions
|3.||dependency - a geographical area politically controlled by a distant country|
Crown Colony - a British colony controlled by the British Crown, represented by a governor
2. overreliance, need for, attachment, reliance, leaning on, clinging on I am concerned by his dependency on his mother.