fixity(redirected from depth of fixity)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. fix·i·ties
1. The quality or condition of being fixed.
2. Something fixed or immovable.
n, pl -ties
1. the state or quality of being fixed; stability
2. something that is fixed; a fixture
fix•i•ty(ˈfɪk sɪ ti)
n., pl. -ties for 2.
1. the state or quality of being fixed; stability; permanence.
2. something that is fixed or permanent.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||fixity - the quality of being fixed in place as by some firm attachment|
|2.||fixity - the quality of being incapable of mutation; "Darwin challenged the fixity of species"|
unchangeability, unchangeableness, unchangingness, changelessness - the quality of being unchangeable; having a marked tendency to remain unchanged
unalterability - the quality of not being alterable
agelessness - the quality of being timeless and eternal