Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Any of several trailing prickly shrubs of the genus Rubus of North America and Eurasia, having purple or black fruit resembling blackberries.
2. The fruit of any of these plants.
n, pl -ries
1. (Plants) any trailing bramble, such as Rubus hispidus of North America and R. caesius of Europe and NW Asia, having blue-black fruits
2. (Cookery) the fruit of any such plant
dew•ber•ry(ˈduˌbɛr i, -bə ri, ˈdyu-)
n., pl. -ries.
1. the fruit of any of several trailing brambles or blackberries of the genus Rubus.
2. any of these plants.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||dewberry - any of several trailing blackberry brambles especially of North America|
blackberry bush, blackberry - bramble with sweet edible black or dark purple berries that usually do not separate from the receptacle
|2.||dewberry - blackberry-like fruits of any of several trailing blackberry bushes|
berry - any of numerous small and pulpy edible fruits; used as desserts or in making jams and jellies and preserves