Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to diacritical: Diacritical marks
1. Marking a distinction; distinguishing.
2. Able to discriminate or distinguish: a mind of great diacritical power.
3. Serving as a diacritic.
1. (Phonetics & Phonology) of or relating to a diacritic
2. (Phonetics & Phonology) showing up a distinction
di•a•crit•i•cal(ˌdaɪ əˈkrɪt ɪ kəl)
1. serving to distinguish; distinctive.
2. capable of distinguishing.
3. serving as a diacritic.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||diacritical - capable of distinguishing; "students having superior diacritic powers"; "the diacritic elements in culture"- S.F.Nadel|
discriminating - showing or indicating careful judgment and discernment especially in matters of taste; "the discriminating eye of the connoisseur"