Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One that makes a digest.
2. Chemistry A vessel in which substances are softened or decomposed, usually for further processing.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Chemistry) chem an apparatus or vessel, such as an autoclave, in which digestion is carried out
2. (Pharmacology) a less common word for digestant
3. a person or thing that digests
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
di•gest•er(dɪˈdʒɛs tər, daɪ-)
1. a person or thing that digests.
2. an apparatus in which substances are softened or disintegrated.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||digester - autoclave consisting of a vessel in which plant or animal materials are digested|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.