Also found in: Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to dimerous: Obdiplostemonous
1. Consisting of two parts or segments, as the tarsus in certain insects.
2. Botany Having flower parts, such as petals, sepals, and stamens, in sets of two.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Zoology) consisting of or divided into two segments, as the tarsi of some insects
2. (Botany) (of flowers) having their floral parts arranged in whorls of two
[C19: from New Latin dimerus, from Greek dimerēs, from di-1 + meros part]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
dim•er•ous(ˈdɪm ər əs)
1. consisting of or divided into two parts.
2. (of flowers) having two members in each whorl.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.