dioptric


Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to dioptric: Dioptric power

di·op·tric

 (dī-ŏp′trĭk) also di·op·tri·cal (-trĭ-kəl)
adj.
1. Of or relating to dioptrics.
2. Relating to optical refraction; refractive.

[Greek dioptrikos, from dioptrā, an optical instrument; see diopter.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

dioptric

(daɪˈɒptrɪk) or

dioptrical

adj
1. (General Physics) of or concerned with dioptrics
2. (General Physics) of or denoting refraction or refracted light
diˈoptrically adv
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014

di•op•tric

(daɪˈɒp trɪk)

adj.
of or pertaining to refraction or refracted light.
Also, di•op′tri•cal.
[1625–35; < Greek dioptrikós. See diopter, -ic]
di•op′tri•cal•ly, adv.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Translations

dioptric

a. dióptrico, referente a la refración de la luz.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
References in periodicals archive ?
The flattest, or lowest overall dioptric power is likely to be the most accurate measurement of corneal curvature.
Objective: To determine the effect of 23-gauge pars plana vitrectomy on corneal dioptric power through a comparison of difference in preand postsurgery keratometry.
Best corrected visual acuities were measured, detailed anterior segment examination was performed with a slit-lamp biomicroscope, intraocular pressure measurement using Goldman applanation tonometry, ocular motility evaluation and optic nerve and retinal examination with a 90 dioptric lens.
Flat K, steep K and dioptric power of astigmatism were measured with verion, pentacam and Galilei G4.
These challenges frequently include selecting a surgical technique and timing of the surgery, managing complications, and determining the dioptric power and structure of the IOL (5-8).
Spectacle independence was achieved in 457(86.7%) patients, while 70(13.3%) remained spectacle-dependent, out of whom 61(87.1%) patients' refractive error was within +1 and -1 DS/DC (Dioptric Sphere/ Dioptric Cylinder) and remaining 9(12.9%) patients' refractive error was more than +1 and -1 DS/DC respectively.
It is available in 3 overall lengths (12.0 mm, 12.5 mm, and 13.0 mm) and is designed to correct myopia in a dioptric power range of -3.00 to -23.00 diopters (D).
MEOPTA ME0STAR R2 1-6X24MM RD SPECIFICATIONS Magnification: 1x to 6x Objective Lens 24mm Diameter: Main Tube Size: 30mm Exit Pupil 11 to 4mm Diameter: Field of View, 21 to 3.56 Degrees: Eye Relief: 3.5 inches Adjustments: .5 MOA with 126 MOA total Focal Plane Rear Position: Parallax No Correction: Dioptric 3 to -3 Compensation: Weight: 21.8 ounces Overall Length: 17.6 inches MEOPTA MEOPRO 6.5-20X50MM HTR SPECIFICATIONS Magnification: 6.5x to 20x Objective Lens 50mm Diameter: Main Tube Size: 1 inch Exit Pupil 7.7 to 2.5mm Diameter: Field of View, 3.4 to 1.1 Degrees: Eye Relief: 3.5 inches Adjustments: .25 MOA with 45 MOA total Focal Plane Rear Position: Parallax 50 to infinity Correction: Dioptric 2 to -3 Compensation: Weight: 17.6 ounces Overall Length: 11.6 inches
As a general rule of thumb, the number of degrees the image is moved is half the dioptric power of the prism.