disconformity(redirected from disconformities)
Also found in: Legal, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. dis·con·form·i·ties
1. Geology A type of unconformity in which the rock layers are parallel.
2. Refusal or failure to conform; nonconformity.
n, pl -ties
1. lack of conformity; discrepancy
2. (Geological Science) the junction between two parallel series of stratified rocks, representing a considerable period of erosion of the much older underlying rocks before the more recent ones were deposited
dis•con•form•i•ty(ˌdɪs kənˈfɔr mɪ ti)
n., pl. -ties.
1. the surface of a division between parallel rock strata, indicating interruption of sedimentation: a type of unconformity.
2. Archaic. nonconformity.