dishonored(redirected from dishonoredly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Loss of honor, respect, or reputation.
2. The condition of having lost honor or good repute.
3. A cause of loss of honor: was a dishonor to the club.
4. Failure to pay or refusal to accept a note, a bill, or another commercial obligation.
tr.v. dis·hon·ored, dis·hon·or·ing, dis·hon·ors
1. To bring shame or disgrace upon.
2. To treat in a disrespectful or demeaning manner.
3. To fail or refuse to accept or pay (a note, bill, or check, for example).
[Middle English dishonour, from Old French deshonor : des-, dis- + honor, honor; see honor.]