Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
1. Separated at the joints.
2. Out of joint; dislocated.
3. Lacking order or coherence: disjointed sentences.
1. having no coherence; disconnected
2. separated at the joint
1. having the joints or connections separated: a disjointed fowl.
2. disconnected; incoherent: a disjointed discourse.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||disjointed - lacking orderly continuity; "a confused set of instructions"; "a confused dream about the end of the world"; "disconnected fragments of a story"; "scattered thoughts"|
incoherent - without logical or meaningful connection; "a turgid incoherent presentation"
|2.||disjointed - taken apart at the joints; "a disjointed fowl"|
divided - separated into parts or pieces; "opinions are divided"
|3.||disjointed - separated at the joint; "a dislocated knee"; "a separated shoulder"|
injured - harmed; "injured soldiers"; "injured feelings"
disjointed[dɪsˈdʒɔɪntɪd] adj → sconnesso/a, slegato/a
a. desarticulado-a, descoyuntado-a, dislocado-a.