dissected(redirected from dissectedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Botany Divided into many deep, narrow segments: dissected leaves.
2. Geology Cut by irregular valleys and hills.
1. (Botany) botany in the form of narrow lobes or segments: dissected leaves.
2. (Geological Science) geology (of plains) cut by erosion into hills and valleys, esp following tectonic movements
dis•sect•ed(dɪˈsɛk tɪd, daɪ-)
1. deeply divided into numerous segments, as a leaf.
2. separated, by erosion, into many closely spaced crevices or gorges, as the surface of a plateau.