Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to dodger: Artful Dodger
1. One that dodges or evades: a skilled dodger of reporters' questions.
2. A shifty, dishonest person; a trickster.
3. A small printed handbill.
4. Nautical A lightweight structure, as of canvas stretched over a frame, that partly screens a hatch or companionway from wind and spray.
5. Chiefly Southern Atlantic US See corn dodger.
1. a person who evades or shirks
2. a shifty dishonest person
3. (Nautical Terms) a canvas shelter, mounted on a ship's bridge or over the companionway of a sailing yacht to protect the helmsman from bad weather
4. (Historical Terms) archaic US and Austral a handbill
5. (Cookery) informal Austral food, esp bread
1. a person who dodges.
2. a shifty person, esp. one who persistently evades a responsibility, as specified: tax dodger.
3. a small handbill; throwaway.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||dodger - a shifty deceptive person|
|2.||dodger - small oval cake of corn bread baked or fried (chiefly southern)|
cornbread - bread made primarily of cornmeal