Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
1. A metal identification disk attached to a dog's collar.
2. A metal identification tag worn on a chain around the neck by members of the armed forces.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Military) slang US a military personal-identification disc
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a small disk attached to a dog's collar stating owner, address, etc.
2. a metal identification tag worn or carried by armed forces personnel.
3. Informal. any identification tag.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||dog tag - military identification tag worn on a chain around the neck|
|2.||dog tag - metal plate on a dog collar bearing its registration number|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.