Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Going to or making appeals at residences, as when selling or canvassing: a door-to-door sales representative.
2. Delivered directly from a store or business to a residence: promised door-to-door delivery.
1. selling, canvassing, etc., at each house or apartment in an area.
2. sent direct from the point of purchase to the point of delivery.adv.
3. in a door-to-door manner.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||door-to-door - (of e.g. journeys or deliveries) direct from point of origin to point of destination ; "the limousine offers door-to-door service"|
direct - direct in spatial dimensions; proceeding without deviation or interruption; straight and short; "a direct route"; "a direct flight"; "a direct hit"
|2.||door-to-door - omitting no one; from the door of one house to that of the next; "a door-to-door campaign"; "house-to-house coverage"|
comprehensive - including all or everything; "comprehensive coverage"; "a comprehensive history of the revolution"; "a comprehensive survey"; "a comprehensive education"