Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
Related to double-header: twi-night
dou·ble-head·eralso dou·ble·head·er (dŭb′əl-hĕd′ər)
1. Sports Two games or events held in succession on the same program, especially in baseball.
2. A train pulled by two locomotives.
1. (Railways) a train drawn by two locomotives coupled together to provide extra power
2. (General Sporting Terms) sport Also called: twin bill US and Canadian two games played consecutively by the same teams or by two different teams
3. (Currencies) informal Austral and NZ a coin with the impression of a head on each side
4. (Cookery) informal Austral a double ice-cream cone