drawer(redirected from drawerfuls)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. One that draws, especially one that draws an order for the payment of money.
2. (also drôr) A boxlike compartment in furniture that can be pulled out and pushed in.
3. drawers (drôrz) Underpants.
1. (Professions) a person or thing that draws, esp a draughtsman
2. (Banking & Finance) a person who draws a cheque. See draw15
3. (Commerce) a person who draws up a commercial paper
4. (Commerce) archaic a person who draws beer, etc, in a bar
5. (Furniture) a boxlike container in a chest, table, etc, made for sliding in and out
draw•er(drɔr for 1, 2; ˈdrɔ ər for 3-6 )
1. a sliding, lidless, horizontal compartment, as in a piece of furniture, that may be drawn out in order to gain access to it.
2. drawers, (used with a pl. v.) a garment with legs that covers the lower half of the body, esp. an undergarment.
3. a person or thing that draws.
4. a person who draws a bill of exchange.
draw′er•ful, n., pl. -fuls.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||drawer - a boxlike container in a piece of furniture; made so as to slide in and out|
buffet, sideboard, counter - a piece of furniture that stands at the side of a dining room; has shelves and drawers
container - any object that can be used to hold things (especially a large metal boxlike object of standardized dimensions that can be loaded from one form of transport to another)
desk - a piece of furniture with a writing surface and usually drawers or other compartments
lock - a fastener fitted to a door or drawer to keep it firmly closed
storage space - the area in any structure that provides space for storage
|2.||drawer - the person who writes a check or draft instructing the drawee to pay someone else|
|3.||drawer - an artist skilled at drawing|
cartoonist - a person who draws cartoons
pavement artist - someone who draws on the pavement with colored chalks (hoping that passers-by will give them money)
sketcher - someone who draws sketches
a sliding box without a lid which fits into a chest, table etc. the bottom drawer of my desk. laai جارور، دُرْج чекмедже gaveta zásuvka die Schublade skuffe συρτάριcajón sahtel کشو laatikko tiroir מְגֵירָה दराज ladica fiók laci skúffa cassetto 引き出し 서랍 stalčius atvilktne laci laskuffszuflada جعبه gaveta sertar ящик zásuvka predal fioka utdragslåda ลิ้นชัก çekmece 抽屜 шухляда دراز ngăn kéo 抽屉
drawer→ دُرْج zásuvka skuffe Schublade συρτάρι cajón pöytälaatikko tiroir ladica cassetto 引き出し 서랍 lade skuff szuflada gaveta выдвижной ящик låda ลิ้นชัก çekmece ngăn kéo 抽屉
n. gaveta, cajón.