Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Deviation from a set course caused by drifting.
2. Matter that has been carried along or deposited by air or water currents.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. the act of drifting
2. (Physical Geography) matter carried along or deposited by drifting
3. (Navigation) the amount by which an aircraft or vessel has drifted from its intended course
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the action of drifting or deviating.
2. drifted matter.
3. the amount of drift away from a set course as a result of wind and currents.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||driftage - the deviation (by a vessel or aircraft) from its intended course due to drifting|
aircraft - a vehicle that can fly
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.