Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
A kick made by dropping a ball to the ground and kicking it just as it starts to rebound.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Rugby) a kick in certain sports such as rugby, in which the ball is dropped and kicked as it bounces from the ground. Compare punt2, place kick
2. (Wrestling) a wrestling attack, illegal in amateur wrestling, in which a wrestler leaps in the air and kicks his opponent in the face or body with both feet
3. slang Austral a stupid or worthless person
4. (Rugby) to kick (a ball, etc) using a drop kick
5. (Wrestling) to kick (an opponent in wrestling) by the use of a drop kick
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
a kick made by dropping a ball to the ground and kicking it as it starts to bounce up.
drop′-kick`, v.t., v.i.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.