drop-in(redirected from dropper-in)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
1. One who casually drops in, as to visit or obtain an appointment.
2. An informal social event.
Provided for short-term use: a drop-in center for runaways.
1. Also, dropper-in. a person or thing that pays an unexpected or uninvited visit.
2. a social gathering to which guests pay a brief, informal visit.adj.
3. provided for short-term patronage: a drop-in shelter for the homeless.
4. requiring only insertion to be ready for use: a drop-in film cartridge.