dry point(redirected from dry points)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to dry points: drypoint etching
1. A technique of intaglio engraving in which a hard steel needle is used to incise lines in a metal, usually copper plate, with the rough burr at the sides of the incised lines often retained to produce a velvety black tone in the print.
2. An engraving or print made using this technique.
1. (Metallurgy) a technique of intaglio engraving with a hard steel needle, without acid, on a copper plate
2. (Metallurgy) the sharp steel needle used in this process
3. (Art Terms) an engraving or print produced by this method