Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A trial exercise; a rehearsal.
2. A test exercise in combat skills without the use of live ammunition.
1. (Military) military practice in weapon firing, a drill, or a manoeuvre without using live ammunition
2. informal a trial or practice, esp in simulated conditions; rehearsal
1. a rehearsal.
2. practice in firing arms without using live ammunition.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||dry run - a practice session in preparation for a public performance (as of a play or speech or concert); "he missed too many rehearsals"; "a rehearsal will be held the day before the wedding"|
practice session, practice, drill, exercise, recitation - systematic training by multiple repetitions; "practice makes perfect"
dress rehearsal - a full uninterrupted rehearsal in costumes shortly before the first performance
run-through - an uninterrupted rehearsal
walk-through - a first perfunctory rehearsal of a theatrical production in which actors read their lines from the script and move as directed
concert - a performance of music by players or singers not involving theatrical staging