Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
duf·felor duf·fle (dŭf′əl)
1. A blanket fabric made of low-grade woolen cloth with a nap on both sides.
2. Clothing and other personal gear carried by a camper.
3. A duffel bag.
[Dutch, after Duffel, a town in Belgium.]
1. (Textiles) a heavy woollen cloth with a thick nap
2. chiefly US and Canadian equipment or supplies, esp those of a camper
[C17: after Duffel, Belgian town]
or duf•fle(ˈdʌf əl)
1. a camper's clothing and equipment.
2. a coarse woolen cloth having a thick nap, used for coats, blankets, etc.
3. duffel bag.
[1640–50; after Duffel, a town near Antwerp]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||duffel - a large cylindrical bag of heavy cloth; for carrying personal belongings|
drawstring bag - a bag that is closed at the top with a drawstring
|2.||duffel - a coarse heavy woolen fabric|