duple(redirected from duplely)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Consisting of two; double.
2. Music Consisting of two or a multiple of two beats to the measure.
1. a less common word for double
2. (Music, other) music (of time or music) having two beats in a bar
[C16: from Latin duplus twofold, double]
du•ple(ˈdu pəl, ˈdyu-)
1. having two parts; double; twofold.
2. having two or sometimes a multiple of two beats in a measure: duple meter.
[1535–45; < Latin duplus double]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||duple - consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs; "an egg with a double yolk"; "a double (binary) star"; "double doors"; "dual controls for pilot and copilot"; "duple (or double) time consists of two (or a multiple of two) beats to a measure"|
multiple - having or involving or consisting of more than one part or entity or individual; "multiple birth"; "multiple ownership"; "made multiple copies of the speech"; "his multiple achievements in public life"; "her multiple personalities"; "a pineapple is a multiple fruit"