duplicable(redirected from duplicablely)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to duplicablely: slovenliness
1. Identically copied from an original.
2. Existing or growing in two corresponding parts; double.
3. Denoting a manner of play in cards in which partnerships or teams play the same deals and compare scores at the end: duplicate bridge.
1. An identical copy; a facsimile.
2. One that corresponds exactly to another, especially an original.
3. Games A card game in which partnerships or teams play the same deals and compare scores at the end.
v. (-kāt′) du·pli·cat·ed, du·pli·cat·ing, du·pli·cates
1. To make an exact copy of.
2. To make twofold; double.
3. To make or perform again; repeat: a hard feat to duplicate.
To become duplicate.
[Middle English, from Latin duplicātus, past participle of duplicāre, to double, from duplex, duplic-, twofold; see dwo- in Indo-European roots.]
du′pli·ca·ble, du′pli·cat′a·ble (-kā′tə-bəl) adj.
du′pli·ca·to′ry (-kĭ-tôr′ē) adj.
du•pli•ca•ble(ˈdu plɪ kə bəl, ˈdyu-)
also du•pli•cat•a•ble(-ˌkeɪ tə bəl)
capable of being duplicated.