Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A removable or hinged plastic cover used to protect a piece of equipment, such as a turntable or printer.
2. See dust jacket.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Textiles) another name for dustsheet
2. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) another name for dust jacket
3. a perspex cover for the turntable of a record player
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a cloth or plastic covering used to protect furniture or equipment.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||dust cover - a paper jacket for a book; a jacket on which promotional information is usually printed|
jacket - an outer wrapping or casing; "phonograph records were sold in cardboard jackets"
|2.||dust cover - a large piece of cloth used to cover furniture that is not in use for a long period|
|3.||dust cover - a removable plastic protective covering for a piece of equipment|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.