ejector(redirected from ejectors)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. One that ejects, especially a device in a gun that ejects the empty shell after each firing.
2. A device using a jet of water, air, or steam to withdraw a fluid or gas from a space.
1. a person or thing that ejects
2. (Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery) the mechanism in a firearm that ejects the empty cartridge or shell after firing
1. a person or thing that ejects.
2. (in a firearm or gun) the mechanism that, after firing, throws out the empty cartridge or shell.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||ejector - a person who ousts or supplants someone else|
|2.||ejector - a mechanism in a firearm that ejects the empty shell case after firing|
gun - a weapon that discharges a missile at high velocity (especially from a metal tube or barrel)
mechanism - device consisting of a piece of machinery; has moving parts that perform some function