Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. An electrically produced graph or tracing.
2. Equipment used to produce such a graph or tracing in facsimile transmission.
1. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) an apparatus for engraving metal printing cylinders, esp in gravure printing
2. (Telecommunications) the equipment used for the electrical transmission of pictures
3. (Electrical Engineering)
a. a recording electrometer
b. a graph produced by this instrument
4. (Metallurgy) a visual record of the surface composition of a metal, obtained by placing an electrolyte-soaked paper over the metal and passing a current through the paper to an electrode on the other side
e•lec•tro•graph(ɪˈlɛk trəˌgræf, -ˌgrɑf)
1. a curve or plot automatically traced by the action of an electric device, as an electrometer.
2. an apparatus for engraving metal plates on cylinders used in printing.
e•lec`tro•graph′ic (-ˈgræf ɪk) adj.
e•lec•trog•ra•phy (ɪ lɛkˈtrɒg rə fi, ˌi lɛk-) n.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||electrograph - an apparatus for the electrical transmission of pictures|
|2.||electrograph - electrical device used for etching by electrolytic means|
electrical device - a device that produces or is powered by electricity