embattled(redirected from embattlemented)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Prepared or fortified for battle or engaged in battle: embattled troops; an embattled city.
2. Beset with attackers, criticism, or controversy: an embattled legislative minority.
1. prepared for or engaged in conflict, controversy, or battle
2. (Heraldry) heraldry having an indented edge resembling battlements
1. disposed or prepared for battle.
2. engaged in or beset by conflict or struggle.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||embattled - prepared for battle; "an embattled city"|
prepared - made ready or fit or suitable beforehand; "a prepared statement"; "be prepared for emergencies"
|2.||embattled - having or resembling repeated square indentations like those in a battlement; "a crenelated molding"|
fancy - not plain; decorative or ornamented; "fancy handwriting"; "fancy clothes"
a. (castle) → assediato/a
b. (person, government) → in difficoltà