enate(redirected from enately)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Growing outward.
2. also e·nat·ic (ĭ-năt′ĭk) Related on the mother's side.
A relative on one's mother's side.
1. (Biology) biology growing out or outwards
2. (Genetics) related on the side of the mother
(Genetics) a relative on the mother's side
[C17: from Latin ēnātus, from ēnāscī to be born from, from nāscī to be born]
1. a person related on one's mother's side.adj.
2. Also, e•nat•ic (iˈnæt ɪk) related on one's mother's side.
[1660–70; < Latin ēnātus, past participle of ēnāscī to spring forth =ē- e- + nāscī to be born]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||enate - one related on the mother's side|
|Adj.||1.||enate - related on the mother's side; "my maternal grandmother"|
related - connected by kinship, common origin, or marriage