engraved(redirected from engravedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
tr.v. en·graved, en·grav·ing, en·graves
1. To carve, cut, or etch into a material: engraved the champion's name on the trophy.
2. To carve, cut, or etch a design or letters into: engraved the silver watch with my monogram.
a. To carve, cut, or etch into a block or surface used for printing.
b. To print from a block or plate made by such a process.
4. To impress deeply as if by carving or etching: The experience was engraved into his memory.
1. (of an object or substance, such as silver, crystal, etc) having had a design cut into it
2. having a permanent place (in one's emotions or memory): her image is engraved upon my heart.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||engraved - cut or impressed into a surface; "an incised design"; "engraved invitations"|
adj glass, metal, plaque → graviert; design, letter, name → eingraviert; engraved plates (Typ) → (Kupfer)stiche pl; beautifully engraved with flowers → mit einem hübschen eingravierten Blumenmuster; her name is engraved on my heart → ich werde ihren Namen immer im Herzen bewahren; it is engraved on my memory → es hat sich mir unauslöschlich eingeprägt