Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to entrancingly: intrinsically
1. The act or an instance of entering.
2. A means or point by which to enter.
3. Permission or power to enter; admission: gained entrance to medical school.
4. The point, as in a musical score, at which a performer begins.
5. The first entry of an actor into a scene.
6. Nautical The immersed part of a ship's hull forward of the middle body.
[Middle English entraunce, right to enter, from Old French, from entrer, to enter; see enter.]
tr.v. en·tranced, en·tranc·ing, en·tranc·es
1. To put into a trance.
2. To fill with delight, wonder, or enchantment: a child who was entranced by a fairy tale. See Synonyms at charm.
in an entrancing manner