Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to epos: Legenda
1. A number of poems, not formally united, that treat an epic theme.
2. An epic.
1. (Poetry) a body of poetry in which the tradition of a people is conveyed, esp a group of poems concerned with a common epic theme
2. (Poetry) another word for epic1
[C19: via Latin from Greek: speech, word, epic poem, song; related to Latin vōx voice]
n acronym for
(Commerce) electronic point of sale
1. an epic.
2. epic poetry.
3. a group of poems, transmitted orally, concerned with parts of a common epic theme.
4. a series of events suitable for treatment in epic poetry.
[1825–35; < Latin < Greek épos speech, tale, song]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||epos - a body of poetry that conveys the traditions of a society by treating some epic theme|
|2.||epos - a long narrative poem telling of a hero's deeds|
chanson de geste - Old French epic poems
rhapsody - an epic poem adapted for recitation