Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to estuarine: estuarine circulation
1. Of, relating to, or found in an estuary.
2. Relating to a system of deep-water and wetland tidal habitats characterized by fluctuating salinity and, in intertidal zones, by the presence of trees, shrubs, and emergent vegetation.
3. Geology Formed or deposited in an estuary.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Geological Science) formed or deposited in an estuary: estuarine muds.
2. (Biology) growing in, inhabiting, or found in an estuary: an estuarine fauna.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
es•tu•a•rine(ˈɛs tʃu əˌraɪn, -ər ɪn)
1. formed in an estuary.
2. found in estuaries.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.