exclusivity(redirected from exclusivities)
Also found in: Medical.
1. Excluding or tending to exclude: exclusive barriers.
2. Not allowing something else; incompatible: mutually exclusive conditions.
3. Not divided or shared with others: exclusive publishing rights.
4. Not accompanied by others; single or sole: your exclusive function.
5. Complete; undivided: gained their exclusive attention.
6. Not including the specified extremes or limits, but only the area between them: 10-14, exclusive; that is, 11, 12, and 13.
7. Excluding some or most, as from membership or participation: an exclusive club.
8. Catering to a wealthy clientele; expensive: exclusive shops.
9. Linguistics Relating to or being a first person plural pronoun that excludes the addressee, such as we in the sentence Pat and I are in town, so we can meet you for lunch.
1. A news item initially released to only one publication or broadcaster.
2. An exclusive right or privilege, as to market a product.
ex·clu′sive·ness, ex′clu·siv′i·ty (ĕk′sklo͞o-sĭv′ĭ-tē) n.
ex•clu•siv•i•ty(ˌɛks kluˈsɪv ɪ ti)
1. the state or quality of being exclusive; exclusiveness.
2. exclusive rights.