expressivity(redirected from expressivities)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. ex·pres·siv·i·ties
1. The quality of being expressive.
2. Genetics The degree to which an expressed gene produces its effects in an organism.
1. (Art Terms) (esp of a work of art) the quality of being expressive
2. (Genetics) genetics the strength of the effect of a gene on the phenotype
ex•pres•siv•i•ty(ˌɛk sprɛˈsɪv ɪ ti)
1. the quality or state of being expressive.
2. the degree to which a particular gene produces its effect in an organism. Compare penetrance.
[1930–35; < German Expressivität]