expressivity(redirected from expressivities)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. ex·pres·siv·i·ties
1. The quality of being expressive.
2. Genetics The degree to which an expressed gene produces its effects in an organism.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Art Terms) (esp of a work of art) the quality of being expressive
2. (Genetics) genetics the strength of the effect of a gene on the phenotype
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
ex•pres•siv•i•ty(ˌɛk sprɛˈsɪv ɪ ti)
1. the quality or state of being expressive.
2. the degree to which a particular gene produces its effect in an organism. Compare penetrance.
[1930–35; < German Expressivität]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.