exterior angle(redirected from exterior angles)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Angles 1, 2, 7, and 8 are exterior angles.
1. The angle between any side of a polygon and an extended adjacent side.
2. Any of the four angles that do not include a region of the space between two lines intersected by a transversal.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Mathematics) an angle of a polygon contained between one side extended and the adjacent side
2. (Mathematics) any of the four angles made by a transversal that are outside the region between the two intersected lines
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. an angle formed outside parallel lines by a third line that intersects them.
2. an angle formed outside a polygon by one side and an extension of an adjacent side; the supplement of an interior angle of the polygon.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Angles 1, 2, 7, and 8 are exterior angles. Angles 1 and 8 and angles 2 and 7 are alternate exterior angles.
The angle formed between a side of a polygon and an extended adjacent side. Compare interior angle.
The American Heritage® Student Science Dictionary, Second Edition. Copyright © 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||exterior angle - the supplement of an interior angle of a polygon|
angle - the space between two lines or planes that intersect; the inclination of one line to another; measured in degrees or radians
hip - (architecture) the exterior angle formed by the junction of a sloping side and a sloping end of a roof
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
n (Math) → Außenwinkel m
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007