granulation(redirected from exuberant granulations)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
a. The act or process of granulating.
b. The condition or appearance of being granulated.
a. Small, fleshy, beadlike protuberances, consisting of outgrowths of new capillaries, on the surface of a wound that is healing. Also called granulation tissue.
b. The formation of these protuberances.
3. The small, transient, brilliant granular markings on the photosphere of the sun.
1. the act or process of granulating
2. a granulated texture or surface
3. a single bump or grain in such a surface
4. (Physiology) See granulation tissue
5. (Astronomy) astronomy Also: granule any of numerous bright regions (approximate diameter 900 km) having a fine granular structure that can appear briefly on any part of the sun's surface
gran•u•la•tion(ˌgræn yəˈleɪ ʃən)
1. the act or process of granulating.
2. a granulated condition.
a. the formation of capillary-rich tissue with an irregular surface, as during wound healing.
b. the tissue so formed.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||granulation - new connective tissue and tiny blood vessels that form on the surfaces of a wound during the healing process|
connective tissue - tissue of mesodermal origin consisting of e.g. collagen fibroblasts and fatty cells; supports organs and fills spaces between them and forms tendons and ligaments
proud flesh - the swollen tissue around a healing wound or ulcer
|2.||granulation - the act of forming something into granules or grains; "the granulation of medicines"|
n. granulación, masa redonda y carnosa que se forma en la superficie de un tejido, membrana u órgano;
___ tissue → tejido de ___.