face-lift(redirected from face-lifted)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
face-liftalso face·lift (fās′lĭft′)
1. Plastic surgery to remove facial wrinkles, sagging skin, fat deposits, or other visible signs of aging for cosmetic purposes. Also called rhytidectomy.
2. A restyling or modernization, as of a building.
tr.v. face-lift·ed, face-lift·ing, face-lifts also face·lift·ed or face·lift·ing or face·lifts
To perform a face-lift upon.
1. (Surgery) a cosmetic surgical operation for tightening sagging skin and smoothing unwanted wrinkles on the face
2. any improvement or renovation, as of a building, etc
(Surgery) (tr) to improve the appearance of, as by a face-lift
1. plastic surgery on the face to eliminate sagging and wrinkles.
2. a renovation or restyling.v.t.
3. to perform a face-lift upon.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||face-lift - perform cosmetic surgery on someone's face|