facer(redirected from facers)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
1. One that faces, especially a device used in smoothing or dressing a surface.
2. An unexpected, stunning blow or defeat.
1. a person or thing that faces
2. (Mechanical Engineering) a lathe tool used to turn a face perpendicular to the axis of rotation
3. informal Brit a difficulty or problem
1. a person or thing that faces.
2. Brit. an unexpected major difficulty or defeat.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||facer - (a dated Briticism) a serious difficulty with which one is suddenly faced|
difficulty - a factor causing trouble in achieving a positive result or tending to produce a negative result; "serious difficulties were encountered in obtaining a pure reagent"
Britain, Great Britain, U.K., UK, United Kingdom, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - a monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles; divided into England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland; `Great Britain' is often used loosely to refer to the United Kingdom