References in periodicals archive ?
It is, therefore, understandable that the factor influencing the religion of childhood should loom large in our present view: familism, dependence, authority, wishful thinking and magical practice.
Familism and corruption are the nature of the Congress party".
Second, Latino culture has been characterized as having a high degree of familism (German, Gonzales, & Dumka, 2009; Kuhlberg, Pena, & Zayas, 2010).
Perceived parental psychological control, familism values, and Mexican American college students' adjustment.
For example, are their socio-cultural protective factors (e.g., familism, religiosity, etc.) associated with traditional Latino culture that reduces the risk among Dominican and Mexican teens of belonging to the moderate-PB subtype?
Family connectivity has been recognized as a significant aspect of Latino culture, labeled as "familism".
The Impact of Familism on Physical and Mental Health Among Hispanics in the United States.
Building on this body of research, Kim (2010) used data from the World Values Survey to measure four values highlighted in the discourse on Asian values: familism, communalism, authority, and work ethic.
Acculturation, familism and alcohol use among Latino adolescent males: Longitudinal relations.
Observing that a very common case of gender insensitivity is to consider the family as the smallest unit of analysis (familism), Eichler considers familism to be a source of (gender) bias (Eichler, 1988).
Communalism, familism, and filial piety: Are they birds of a collectivist feather?
Dictionary browser ?
- familial hypercholesterolemia
- familiar spirit
- family Acanthaceae
- family Acanthisittidae
- family Acanthuridae
- family Acaridae
- family Accipitridae
- family Aceraceae
- family Acipenseridae
- family Acrididae
- family Actinidiaceae
- family Actinomycetaceae
- family Adelgidae
- family Adiantaceae
- family Aegypiidae
- family Aepyornidae
- family Agamidae
- family Agaricaceae
- family Agavaceae
- family Agonidae
- family Ailuropodidae
- family Aizoaceae
Full browser ?
- Families of Homicide Victims and Missing Persons
- Families of Loved Ones
- Families of Missing Loved Ones
- Families Of September 11th
- Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Families of Spinal Muscular Atropy
- Families of the Fallen
- Families of the Wounded Fund, Inc.
- Families of Victims of Involuntary Disappearance
- Families of Wyoming County
- Families on the Road
- Families Overcoming under Stress
- Families Preventing Birth Defects, Inc.
- Families Supporting Families
- Families Than Work
- Families Through International Adoption
- Families to Amend California's Three Strikes
- Families Together in New York State
- Families Together/Building Solutions
- Families Under Scientology Stress
- Families Under Urban and Social Attack
- Families United against Hate
- Families United for Racial and Economic Equality
- Families United Network
- Families United to Prevent Teen Pregnancy
- Families with Children
- Families with Children from China
- Families Youth and Community Care Queensland
- Families, Early Learning and Literacy
- Families, Youth and Community Care
- Famille Accueil Surdoués
- Famille de Missiles Sol-Air Futurs
- Famille des Grands Vins
- Famille Diaconale de l'Archidiocèse d'Ottawa
- Famille Missionnaire de Notre-Dame
- Famille Missionnaire Dialogue de Dieu
- Famille, Enfance, Jeunesse
- Famille, Santé, Parcours de Vie
- Familles à Énergie Positive
- Familles Populaires à Lourdes
- Familles Sang et Or
- Family & Child Development
- Family & Community Service
- Family & Community Services
- Family & Early Childhood Services