fanlight(redirected from fan sash)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A semicircular or semielliptical window, often with sash bars arranged like the ribs of a fan, usually placed over a door or another window.
2. Chiefly British A transom.
1. (Architecture) a semicircular window over a door or window, often having sash bars like the ribs of a fan
2. (Architecture) a small rectangular window over a door. US name: transom
3. (Building) another name for skylight
a window over a door or another window, esp. one having the form of a semicircle or half an ellipse.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||fanlight - a window above a door that is usually hinged to a horizontal crosspiece over the door|
|2.||fanlight - a window in a roof to admit daylight|
|3.||fanlight - a semicircular window over a door or window; usually has sash bars like the ribs of a fan|