Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Any of the hollow or grooved teeth of a venomous snake with which it injects venom.
2. A long, sharp, pointed tooth, especially a canine tooth of a carnivorous animal, such as a dog or wolf, with which it seizes and tears its prey.
3. The root of a tooth or a pronglike division of such a root.
4. A fanglike structure, especially a chelicera of a venomous spider.
[Middle English, booty, spoils, something seized, from Old English; see pag- in Indo-European roots.]
Fang(făng, fäng, fäN)
n. pl. Fang or Fangs
1. A member of a people inhabiting Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, and Cameroon.
2. The Bantu language of the Fang.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||fanged - having fangs|