Fantod - definition of fantod by The Free Dictionary
Also found in: Thesaurus
n. 1. fantods
a. A state of nervous irritability.
b. Nervous movements caused by tension.
2. An outburst of emotion; a fit.
fantod (ˈfæntəd) or
1. crotchety or faddish behaviour
2. (pl) a state of restlessness or unease
[C19: of uncertain origin]
fan•tod (ˈfæn tɒd)
1. Usu., fantods. a state of extreme nervousness or restlessness (usu. prec. by the).
2. Sometimes, fantods. a sudden outpouring of anger or a similar intense emotion.
References in classic literature
It most give me the fantods
. He had a blanket around his head, and his head was nearly in the fire.
But she gives me a fantod
. Meaning no offense." Nightmarish imagery lets Chabon show us how the grandmother's war experiences scarred her without forcing him to reveal specific events.
Cyn son am gyffuriau, y peth mwyaf angenrheidiol oedd rhywbeth tebyg i wn sydd yn cael ei ddefnyddio i ddofi elif fantod
oedd ei angen i ddofi'r chwaraewyr.
Mother well signed Phil O'Donnell recently and had to rely on a fantod
on ate along-sleeved kit as they did not have one for him.