farinaceous(redirected from farinaceously)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Made from, rich in, or consisting of starch.
2. Having a mealy or powdery texture.
[Latin farīnāceus, mealy, from farīna, farina; see farina.]
1. (Cookery) consisting or made of starch, such as bread, macaroni, and potatoes
2. (Pathology) having a mealy texture or appearance
3. (Botany) containing starch: farinaceous seeds.
far•i•na•ceous(ˌfær əˈneɪ ʃəs)
1. consisting or made of flour or meal, as food.
2. containing starch; starchy.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||farinaceous - resembling starch|
starchy - consisting of or containing starch; "starchy foods"
|2.||farinaceous - composed of or covered with particles resembling meal in texture or consistency; "granular sugar"; "the photographs were grainy and indistinct"; "it left a mealy residue"|