Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
far·sight·edor far-sight·ed (fär′sī′tĭd)
1. Able to see distant objects better than objects at close range; hyperopic.
2. Capable of seeing to a great distance.
3. Planning prudently for the future; foresighted: large goals that required farsighted policies.
far•sight•ed(ˈfɑrˈsaɪ tɪd, -ˌsaɪ tɪd)
1. seeing objects at a distance more clearly than those near at hand; hyperopic.
2. seeing to a great distance.
3. wise, as in foreseeing future developments; prescient.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||farsighted - able to see distant objects clearly|
|2.||farsighted - planning prudently for the future; "large goals that required farsighted policies"; "took a long view of the geopolitical issues"|
provident - providing carefully for the future; "wild squirrels are provident"; "a provident father plans for his children's education"