Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The act of binding up or fastening, as with bandages.
2. The manner in which something is bound up or fastened.
3. Botany An abnormal flattening or coalescence of plant parts, such as stems.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Botany) botany an abnormal flattening of stems due to failure of the lateral branches to separate from the main stem
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
fas•ci•a•tion(ˌfæʃ iˈeɪ ʃən)
1. the act of binding up or bandaging.
2. the process of becoming fasciate.
3. the resulting state.
4. an abnormality in a plant, in which a stem enlarges into a flat, ribbonlike shape resembling several stems fused together.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.