Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. A person who consistently wears the latest fashions.
2. An illustration of current styles in dress.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Clothing & Fashion) an illustration of the latest fashion in dress
2. a fashionably dressed person
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person who always wears the latest style in dress.
2. an illustration showing the current or new fashion in clothes.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||fashion plate - a man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance|
macaroni - a British dandy in the 18th century who affected Continental mannerisms; "Yankee Doodle stuck a feather in his cap and called it macaroni"
|2.||fashion plate - a plate illustrating the latest fashion in dress|
plate - a full-page illustration (usually on slick paper)
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.